[Zope] Hiding HTML URL

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Mon May 9 18:48:11 EDT 2005

Allen Huang wrote:
> I just want to show my root URL address whenever people browse into
> other pages of my site. How do  I do this in dtml or python script or
> external method??

If I understand what you're asking, there's only one "good" way to do
that: place your content in an iframe (or regular frame). You might
modify main_template to do this. The frame's contents could change, but
not the URL (since the "container" page is still the same.) You can see
this effect in the ZMI.

It's vaguely possible that you could do this with Javascript, but I
don't know how, if it's even possible.

Both techniques are easily defeatable by users.

But please note, this is very hostile web design. I would suggest you
re-think your need for such a "feature".

		--jcc