[Zope] ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Brian Hickey brian.hickey at version1.ie
Tue May 10 16:09:19 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Relative newbie to Zope, trying to install Plone on FreeBSD.  Have run into the following problem:
- I have followed the instructions as per the guide at http://www.netvironments.org/laurazWiki/InstallingPlone
- After copying the directories into the lib/python/Products directory, I restart Zope, and it doesn't throw any errors.  However, on visiting my website installation (which had been working fine up to the file copy and subsequent restart), I get the message:

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
Module Zope.App.startup, line 175, in zpublisher_exception_hook
Module ZODB.ZApplication, line 61, in __bobo_traverse__
Module ZODB.Connection, line 532, in root
Module ZODB.Connection, line 140, in __getitem__
__traceback_info__:
Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 645, in load
Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 620, in _load
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

My setup is as follows:
OS - FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p28 (Virtual Private Server setup)
Python - 2.3.4
Zope - 2.6.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Brian