[Zope] Underscoring Inaugural Address

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Wed May 11 15:38:21 EDT 2005

Dan Pozmanter wrote:
> Hello there Zopatistas,
>
>    In my inaugural post, I should like to enquire about getting to a url
> like so:
> http://myzopeserver.something.clever/a/path/to/a/file/named/__init__.py
>
> Getting to the object "__init__.py" is difficult (it acts like it
> doesn't exist.)
>
> Is there a way to muck about with getattr, traversal, or something
> related so
> that, for a particular kind of object (eg with a particular attribute),
> Zope ignores
> the "cannot start with a '_' " rule?
>
> I notice that the cvs.zope.org seems to transparently solve this problem,
> so presumably (if said interface is on a zope instance), this is solvable.

Probably, but it would be difficult. I don't even know enough about
screwing with traversal to advise. By "file" what exactly do you mean?

I wonder if LocalFS deals with this problem? If it allows _filenames,
perhaps you can stead something from there.

		--jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/