[Zope] Firefox manage_changePermissions issue?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu May 12 15:10:25 EDT 2005

Hi Tony,

Sory for the age in replying...

Tony Addyman wrote:
> Chris: Can you recall whose Firefox you would have been using at the
> time? I have been using the RPM version from SUSE 9.2.

I would have been using a recent Windows binary.

> The problem
> occurs a number of times when using POST with the ZMI. The major
> changePermissions problem is just the most obvious. When the problem
> occurs elsewhere simply repeating the interaction within the ZMI makes
> the change "stick" eventually, i.e. the POST is not followed by the
> phantom GET.
>
> I have just started using the stock tar.gz firefox installer from
> mozilla.org. So far it hasn't shown the problem. Of course, the problem
> doesn't always occur, but it may be progress.

Yeah, sadly, after my initial experience with something that may have
been caused by this, but which I never actually tracked down, I haven't
bumped into it again, even though I'm almost exclusively using Firefox
now...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk