[Zope] dollars-and-cents display fails

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:14:05 EDT 2005

Oh, it is a decimal(15,2) column.  (all of them are)  Just thought I'd
mention everything too... Running Ubuntu 5.0.4, has the Python 2.4.1
package installed, but I have Python 2.3.4 compiled and installed
separately for Zope.  Zope is compiled with the --with-python flag.

Just tried your suggestion, commenting the 'conv[FIELD_TYPE.DECIMAL] =
float' line, restart Zope, still have the issue.

So, I have the older Python, which I used to have.  I could try
5.0.0, which I had before.  At least I can hopefully find out which is
causing my problem.  However, I have Zope 2.7.4 with MySQL 5.0.4 and
it works fine, but on Windows using the Egenix adapter.  Now, I cant
remember what I had for the mysql-python version, it's on the other
server at my clients site. (cant get to it right now)

I guess one of my main questions too is, would Zope be getting
anything from the 2.4.1 Ubuntu packages that are installed if I
compiled it with the 2.3.4 python?  (mysql-python is installed
correctly on 2.3.4 too)

On 5/12/05, Andy Dustman <farcepest at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/12/05, Greg Fischer <retheoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Andy.  I do have those versions.  But Python is 2.3.5 because I
> > didnt want to move to 2.4.x as I think I read something in the README
> > for Zope stating it was not tested for compatibility. (right?)  I
> > guess my thought is... Does 2.3.5 have the same issue as 2.4 regarding
> > the decimals?  For now, I am just going to setup 2.3.4 and run with
> > it.
>
> The Python decimal type is new in 2.4.
>
> I don't think you've actually said whether or not you are actually
> using a DECIMAL column.
>
> I had forgotten that ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b3 always returns DECIMAL columns
> as Python float. If you look in ZMySQLDA/db.py, you can see where it
> does this in the DB class. You could try commenting this line out,
> which will cause it to be returned as a string, and restarting Zope.
> It's something to try, at least.
> --
> Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.
> http://www.terrybisson.com/meat.html

Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions
http://www.1stbyte.com