[Zope] Corrupt Data.fs / ZODB

Michael Kaplan Dr.MichaelKaplan at alice-dsl.de
Mon May 16 11:18:08 EDT 2005

Sorry, I already wrote nearly the same mail in April but nobody answered.
Since I cannot believe that there is no simple and well known
solution for this problem - which probably affects many zope users -
I try the same posting again. Any help is welcome but it should not be
an option to erase the last 3 months of work and to return to the state
before the mistake.

____________________ original posting _________________________________

I just found out that my Data.fs is corrupt. Zope is still running,
and restarting but I'm getting POSKeyErrors if I want to see folder
contents and in many other situations.

I tried to follow the advice in http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1095965033
(I use Zope-2.7.4) but end up with the 5th item there which says

!!
!! 5. Get at the Zope path for the container of the object that's throwing the POSKeyError:
!!
!! >>> obj=root.unrestrictedTraverse('/path/to/container')

When I try this I get

   >>> obj=root.unrestrictedTraverse('/folder')
Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'root' is not defined

what's wrong here? I don't know what the author of this text means
with '/path/to/container' and what I have to put there for 'root'.

Therefore I used fsrefs.py and got information like

oid 0x030571 Products.CMFCore.ActionInformation.ActionInformation
last updated: 2005-03-14 08:20:34.643177, tid=0x35BE85493CF9666L
refers to invalid object:
           oid 0x0304fa object creation was undone:
           'Products.CMFCore.Expression.Expression'

For this oid I get

   > python
Python 2.4 (#1, Jan 14 2005, 00:24:33)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)] on sunos5
   >>> from Zope.Startup.run import configure;configure('/etc/zope.conf')
   >>> from Zope import app
   >>> from ZODB.utils import p64
   >>> from ZODB import POSException
   >>> app = app()
   >>> obj = app._p_jar[p64(0x030571)]
   >>> print obj.getId()
view
   >>> print obj.bobobase_modification_time()
2005/03/14 09:20:34.643 GMT+1
   >>> print obj.meta_type
simple item
   >>> print obj.__ac_local_roles__
None

Could anybody tell me, how I can delete this object from Data.fs?
Will obj.manage_delObjects(id) do the job for me? What parameters
do I have to give to the programm?

Thanks a lot in advance

                 Michael