[Zope] Seeking advice on Zope implementation

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue May 17 11:01:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

it all depends what your app is like. Can you describe it some more?

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 10:03, pythonic wrote:
> 1. Startup custmization: How can one configure zope to load instance
> of this as product
> (my application) on the startup but not the ZMI and other zope stuff.

In Zope 3 you can turn off as many unwanted features as you like. So from this
point of view Zope 3 would be good.

> 2. We want to generate xml using ZPTs and then apply xsl. Is the server
> side transformation supported?

Why? You first use ZPT to create XML and then an XSLT engine to create HTML.
This seems like a slow approach to me. ZPT can generate HTML right away,
which is much faster. Unless you already have your content in XML, an XSLT
engine is total overkill.

> 3. Is there any good doc available that describes how to do things you do
> in ZMI programmatically?

Zope 3 does not rely as heavily on the ZMI as Zope 2 and in fact all code is
developed on the filesystem, so in this case it might be better for you.

> 4. Zope 2.7 / 3 ?

I think you should go with Zope 3. Several projects have already successfully
integrated their Pyton code into Zope 3.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter