[Zope] How to make a ZPT-based form that calls itself? (Part II)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:35:57 EDT 2005

On 5/19/05, Ken Winter <ken at sunward.org> wrote:
> The difference between this and the deletion example is that this form
> (personform.htm) need to be called with an argument, giving the person_id
> that identifies the record it is supposed to display.  I have tried a number
> of ways to sneak this argument in, but my limited experience with
> Zope/Python syntax has left me unable to guess the right trick.

Well, the generic method is to create a script that you call in the
start of you ZPT that returns a dictionary with all the data to be
displayed.  This can also be the same script that actually does the
deletion.

http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/lennart_regebro/2005_04_19_python_statement/

May explain it a bit more, and if not, I should write something clearer. :^)