[Zope] How to make a ZPT-based form that calls itself? (Part II)

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Thu May 19 10:56:44 EDT 2005

Nor clearer - your blog is quite clear - but more elementary, for us
novices.  I'm very attracted to your idea of one Python call that takes care
of returning all the data that the page needs.  But I'm not sure just what
you are including in the term "data":

* I assume you include data retrieved from (and updated in) an underlying
relational database.

* Does "data" also include parameters (or arguments, or query string
variables, or whatever you call them) passed from one HTML page to the next?
This parameter-passing is what I seem to be having trouble with.  How does
that script get the info it needs from the previous page?  In my example,
when my "personform.htm" updates a record and then re-calls itself, how does
it get the person_id identifying the record it's supposed to display the
second time around?

I have a feeling that there's some point I'm just not getting here, but that
I'm too new to this to figure out what it is.

- Ken