[Zope] newbie question

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Tue May 24 22:37:57 EDT 2005

Phillip Hutchings wrote:
>>Then generated the error.  The error log shows the
>>same output as before.  Not only should the line
>>number be one higher, I also put a dummy variable name
>>on that line to generate a stupid error msg.
>>
>>How can it not be getting to that code?  I've searched
>>for another Zope instance, but found none.
>

> This is really odd. It sounds like it could be getting patched
> somewhere. Try raising exceptions from various points in the method,
> see if one gets there.

It doesn't look like a monkey patch. Those aren't invisible in tracebacks.

Follow the code path higher until you do get some effect.

>>Also, you are saying that I probably will never get
>>the Control Panel back on this site with Product
>>Management tools; no Product refresh then, I suppose.
>>I'll have to thank the previous developer, as you
>>suggest!  (of course there is no documentation either,
>>arrgh!)
>>
>>If you can think of anything else, I'd appreciated it.
>

> If the /manage URL has been overridden it's probably possible to fix
> it. Try going to /manage_workspace, see if that works. Is Zope behind
> a proxy? It's possible that it's being done with a URL rewrite
> somewhere.

I would imagine it's some sort of redirect. I would start with using the
IP address: usually this is enough to avoid the redirect. Otherwise,
find out how to turn "access rule" off. I think this may be in
Zope/doc/SECURIY.txt.

I don't think it's possible to really remove the Zope Control Panel.

		--jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/