[Zope] Re: use Data.fs from mountpoint B to "populate" mountpoint A - how?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Nov 1 05:30:29 EST 2005

Christoph Berendes wrote at 2005-10-24 11:03 -0400:
>Question: this wouldn't be the case for a Zope or Plone folder. If I
>rename a folder from 'old_folder_name' to 'new_folder_name', it appears
>that the folder has no "memory"  of old_folder_name. However, it appears
>that a mount point "remembers" where it was created.  Isn't that in some
>sense a bug?

The problem:

  The "id" is maintained in 2 places: the container (to access
  the respective child) and the object itself (used for URL construction).

  When you rename an object, the id is changed in both places.

  However, mounting is not considered to change the mounted object.
  Therefore, it does not change the id. More importantly, mounting
  is at a much lower level (the ZODB) than the application which
  knows about ids (Zope). In principle, you can mount objects that
  do not have an "id" and if it has an id, it might be set in
  different ways not known be the mounting code.

  Thus, when you mount Zope objects, you have to observe the
  restriction (or get wrongly constructed urls).

--
Dieter