[Zope] Reading GIS files(.shp, .dbx, .) into ZopeDatabase

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Nov 7 01:11:27 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 06.11.2005, 17:10 -0800 schrieb Allen Huang:
> I want to Reading GIS files(.shp, .dbx, .iforget) into ZopeDatabase.
> Does anyone have any ideas how I could accomplish this? any existing
> modules? Mailing list?

Modules for python to work with GIS are usually integrated with
specialized backends, such as ArcView and friends.

I've never heard of anybody trying GIS with zope.

Its seems you are the first here :-)

I'm not saying its impossible, but you might have a lot of
work, as learning the fileformats, build parsers, create
transforming objects maybe using PIL, create specialized
index for ZCatalog and so on.

Good luck!
--Tino.