[Zope] DateTime strftime problem

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Mon Nov 7 09:22:56 EST 2005

[ Lennart Regebro wrote:]
> On 11/7/05, Jürgen Herrmann <Juergen.Herrmann at xlhost.de> wrote:
>
>> then i will fix it, if i can. i need that functionality, because we
>> have users from different time zones that access a shared calendar.
>
> I don't know if this helps, but it might:
>
> Python had a good module called datetime. Most likely, you want to use
> that instead.  There are no standard timezone implementation, but Zope
> 3 has one you might be able to use.

1. what do you mean by HAD? seems to be there still and looks quite
useable.
2. if this works as expected, why not make DateTime a wrapper around
python datetime objects? is DateTime optimized for storage in the
zodb (maybe a separate question to the zodb-dev list)?
what was the intention to create DateTime anyway, if there's a
python pendant already?

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Bruderwöhrdstraße 15b, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de