[Zope] Zope Service Startup Failure

g.kellett at interalia-uk.com g.kellett at interalia-uk.com
Tue Nov 8 17:43:38 EST 2005

I am having problems with Zope running on my Windows Web Server.  This is
quite a recent development (last two days) - things normally run perfectly
well but lately the Zope service has stopped working.  I get the following
entry in the Zope event.log:

2005-11-08T20:51:13 INFO WinSignalHandler Caught signal SIGTERM
------
2005-11-08T20:51:13 INFO Z2 Shutting down fast
------
2005-11-08T20:51:13 INFO ZServer closing HTTP to new connections

The windows system event log shows:

The Zope instance at C:\Zope-Instance service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 11 time(s).

The only way I can get Zope to run is to execute runzope.bat - this is not
very convenient as I have to start it manually and leave it running.

If anyone can shed any light on how I can get the windows service back up
and running I would be very grateful.

Other notes: it is trying to use port 8080 - nothing else is trying to use
this.
I have tried altering the port that it uses and it makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.
Graeme.
g.kellett at interalia-uk.com