[Zope] help with url rewriting

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Thu Nov 10 14:08:29 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Chris Withers wrote:

> Faheem Mitha wrote:
>>
>> the log says
>>
>> [Wed Nov 09 03:30:26 2005] [error] [client ...] client denied by server
>> configuration:
>
> This means you likely need to find something else in your apache.conf that's
> causing this problem...
>

>>   RewriteRule ^/plone(/.*)?$
>
> That's odd..
>
> Why not just:
>
> /plone(.*)
>
> ?
>
> This might actually be your problem, since that question mark means that $1
> might not exist for:
>
>> http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/https/%{HTTP_HOST}:443/dulci/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_plone$1
>> [L,P]

I tried

RewriteRule ^/plone(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/https/%{HTTP_HOST}:443/dulci/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_plone$1 [L,P]

This does not make any difference. Does this line, and the rest of the
config stuff otherwise look Ok?

Any idea what I might be looking for in the configuration? I'm mostly
using the Debian defaults.

Do I correctly understand that this rule will encrypt traffic sent to the
Zope instance, and coming out? That is the intention.

Thanks in advance.
                                                                      Faheem.