[Zope] Problem Inserting zsql query result

Ivan Stout aibanhamano at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:50:47 EST 2005

Greetings,

I would like to insert the results of a query into another table and am
doing this from a python script. I am setting the results of a queryequal to
a variable with the following:

variable = container.zsql_method(paramater=value)[0][0]

This gives the results I want (in this case "0"), but when I try to insert
this variable using another zsql method, I get the following error:

"MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0\n)'"

The value I want is there, but it has a newline character also. I try
removing using .replace but then I get the following error:

'long' object has no attribute 'replace'

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
direction.

Than you very much,

Ivan