[Zope] Installing Zope on Ubuntu Breezy

Weiers Coetser coetserw at hbc.ac.za
Wed Nov 16 06:49:38 EST 2005

Hi

I wonder if anybody could tell me what I am doing wrong. I installed
zope 2.8, and plone 2.1 via synaptic.
I also installed plone-site via synaptic. (When I installed this I was
promted for a username and password)

Now when I access: http://localhost:8081, I get a quickstart screen.
When I click on the link to the management interface
(http://localhost:8081/manage) I am promted for user name and password.

It does not accept the username and password that I typed when setting
up plone-site.
I've been googling, and at one place there was an explanation that zope
sets up an inituser file with a username and password. I found such a
file under /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/plone-site/  with the following
information in it:
admin:{SHA}JPpU/BsXGIcv7LQrwgMiOS25PB4=

I've tried to use this in various ways:  username: admin

password: {SHA}JPpU/BsXGIcv7LQrwgMiOS25PB4=

or username: {SHA}JPpU  password: BsXGIcv7LQrwgMiOS25PB4=

That did not work.
I tried to create a new inituser account using the following command
weiers at weiers:/usr/lib/zope2.8/bin$ sudo python zpasswd.py inituser

and then got the following feedback:

The programme asked me for a username and a password, to repeat the
password. I also selected SHA as a mode of encrypting the password, and
left the domain restrictions blank.

Unfortunately when I try to connect to (http://localhost:8081/manage), I
still get the same problem. It won't accept my password. I tried to look
for other inituser files on my computer, but I do not see any.

----> I am really stuck. I don't know how to get plone or zope to work
on my computer.

Please help. If you help me, I promise that I will write the details
into a wiki somewhere.

Thanks
Weiers