[Zope] cookie crumbler and error messages

Paul Hendrick paul.hendrick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:28:44 EST 2005

Hi all,
I'm using CookieCrumbler on a project which sits in / on one server,
and /project in another.
I'd like to secure a part of the site through *.metadata files so that
users of a certain role can't access it. this is done and works well.
however, when they try to access a part of the site which is secured,
they're:
a- given a log in popup prompt which they don't have the details for.
and
b- when they click cancel, they're given the dreaded zope barf screen.

how can i either just redirect them to loggin_form or change the
standard_error_message template to pick up these errors.

i've tried changing the template that is in my zmi root, but none of the
changes affect the screen when it appears, so i have no idea where to go
from here.

many thanks for reading!

paul