[Zope] question about Zope capabilities

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Nov 17 09:25:47 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:56:34PM -0600, Terry Hancock wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:49:47 -0800
> Rich Robinson <richrobinson2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > At this point, the site is great for managing content via
> > the  database.  However, as far as I can see pretty much
> > all the content  needs to fit into templates, with the
> > result that there appears to be  little room for setting
> > up a more free-form looking page that can  incorporate
> > graphics in a freer, more visual way.
>
> Well, *ANY* system that generates a web page is going to
> have that problem.  Yes, you *CAN* make it more "free form",
> but freedom carries responsibility

Yep. A quick-and-dirty solution would be to have some pages that are
just Files with content type text/html.  But then of course they're just
static html and you are 100% responsible for the content of those pages.
So you'd have to balance the maintenance cost against the work of
creating a "smarter" solution.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com