[Zope] MD5 Python Zope Plone

D Washburn tech at aminfo.com
Sun Nov 20 12:54:58 EST 2005

I have a need to encrypt a parameter passed on a URL to another website
using Python and MD5 encryption. I tried to set up a test python script:

I am running ZOPE and Plone. I have made other Python scripts that work.
*******************
import md5

print "This is the", script.meta_type, '"%s"' % script.getId(),
if script.title:
    print "(%s)" % html_quote(script.title),
print "in", container.absolute_url()

hash1 = md5.new("Hello world").digest()
print "hash=",hash1

return printed
When I do this and I attempt to test it - my ZOPE/Plone instance pops up
the login screen (even though I am logged in already). I tried logging
in but it just kept asking for my username/password.

Suggestions? Anyone got a simple example of a Python script that can be
passed a piece of text and return an encrypted string?

Thanks,
David