[Zope] Check Interval

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 06:46:35 EST 2005

>> Its not a problem - I'm just curious as to why this is/may be.  From
>> reading docs/postings online, it seems to me that the higher the check
>> interval is, the faster the site should be (up to a point -- law of
>> diminishing returns sort of thing).  It is completely opposite for me
>> and inquiring minds want to know...

Matt, your box is only single processor right? I wonder if that and/or
the fact that you have the zeo client and server on the same box has
anything to do with it...

>> From my experience there is usually no need to change the interval...even
> not for large sites..

Well, necessary, no, your site will still function ;-) But, if Matt's
found ways to speed up his servers by tweaking the check interval, I'm
certainly interested, even if no-one else is!

Matt, what kind of speed increase did you see? How did you measure it?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk