[Zope] <EMBED ...> problem

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Nov 21 11:19:43 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David De Maeyer" <bioman226 at yahoo.fr>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: [Zope] <EMBED ...> problem

> Hi all,
>
> Got a weird problem with Zope... One of our user
> reported the following issue (under Zope 2.6.0):
>
> One html page makes use of the <EMBED> tag to show and
> play a MPEG video using the Windows Media Player. When
> we tried to edit that page for a minor text revision
> and saved that page, Zope did throw a 'Dynamic tag
> "embed" not allowed.'... and the change made to the
> page was lost.
>
> We then decided to remove the <EMBED> tag, just did a
> cut, and proceeded with the text revision. It worked
> but as one could expect we couldn't get the <EMBED>
> tag pasted into the document without having Zope
> complaining about that tag.
>
> Therefore a simple question: how do we get Zope to
> properly deal with this <EMBED> tag again? Is it is a
> configuration problem?
>
> Any idea?

I tried the following quick dtml method in zope 2.6.4  and it worked ok:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<embed src="sample.mov" width="160" height="144"
autoplay="true" controller="false"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</embed>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

so I am guessing that your problem is not the <embed></embed> tags

Jonathan