[Zope] DateTime mess

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 25 15:22:05 EST 2005

If I have a vote, +1 on deprecation and replacement with something less
buggy.  We have spent enormous amounts of time trying to sort out and then
work around DateTime problems.  On the other hand, we have a substantial
amount of code that uses DateTime and finally, mostlyt works.  We'd be
unhappy if we had to rewrite everything--so a long deprecation period
makes sense.

Timezones, BTW are just the tip of the iceberg.  Datetime tries to be
a "it just works" solution to an inherently ambiguous problem and
incorporates many surprises.