[Zope] why will FastCGI not be supported in the Future.

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Nov 28 07:43:44 EST 2005

On 28 Nov 2005, at 12:28, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> I know there is a way to do just the same with mod_proxy, but
> mod_proxy does
> open new connection for every request while fastcgi uses the same
> connection
> for all requests. The is no problem on low load. But with growing
> load, this
> can become a Problem.

Well, it's not "a way to do it", it's *the* way.

I highly doubt that your assertion about using more connections than
just one is a problem, under any circumstance. All very large
production sites that I ever dealt with use mod_rewrite/mod_proxy. It
simply is not a problem. Or do you have proof?

jens