[Zope] DateTime mess

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 05:06:32 EST 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> I think we need Zope to use some frankendatetime (a datetime.datetime
> that also supports the old DateTime API) throughout the deprecation
> period. Whenever people make a call to the old DateTime API on a
> frankendatetime object, they'll get a deprecation warning telling them
> to use the datetime.datetime API instead. After the deprecation phase is
> over, Zope 2 can return pure datetime.datetime objects.

I don't see any need for diabolical creations ;-) Just the deprecation
warnings will suffice.
(...which will promptly be added to warn filters, and only fixed when
DateTime really goes away *sigh*)

> By the way, this is really not a thread for zope at zope.org but for
> zope-dev at zope.org. From the beginning, actually. I suggest we move all
> further discussion there.

Yup, but how do we make sure the good folks at zope3-dev get involved
and know what we're up to?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk