[Zope] here/content

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 30 15:12:26 EST 2005

John Poltorak wrote at 2005-11-30 01:32 +0000:
>Can someone tell me how 'here/content' is translated in these lines?

>                   the_text here/content"
>       tal:content="structure python:stx(the_text)">
>
>    The structured text goes here.

"here" (i.e. the object viewed via the template) is asked
for "content" (calling "here.restrictedTraverse('content')").
If the result is callable, it is called.
The result is bound to "the_text".

>When I use the URL  'www.mysite.org' the above resolves fine, but if I use
>'www.mysite.org:8080/mysite' I get a 'Resource not found' when selecting
>the same link from the homepage of the same site. Is there something I've
>overlooked?

This either means that your problem is elsewhere or that the "here"
are different in both cases.

--
Dieter