[Zope] Re: Zope 2.8.4 strange behavior

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:17:00 EST 2005

[Dieter Maurer]
> I think, Tim wanted to implement such a keep alive mechanism
> inside "ClientStorage" (to reliably detect disconnects) but
> in ZODB 3.4 it seems not yet available.

Right on all counts:  I would like to add that, because it's currently
possible for ZEO to run "forever" without noticing a connection is
dead (when the OS/whatever doesn't inform it of socket death); this is
especially damning for clients that normally don't try to commit
changes, as they can continue serving stale cached content
indefinitely.  And it's not in ZODB 3.4.  It's not in ZODBs 3.5 or 3.6
either -- haven't had time to work on it.