[Zope] Write log file from script

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 7 12:03:45 EDT 2005

Depends upon what you want to do and how much access  you have.  For
debugging purposes I often use an external procedure

def debugWindow( data ):
   fd = open('/tmp/debugWindow",'a')
   fd.write( str(data))
   fd.close()

and look at the output with

   tail -f /tmp/debugWindow

Or, you can use the same approach to write to syslog using the Python
logging module

Or you can piggyback into the Zope logging mechanism--see the sources for
that exercise.

I find the external procedure approach to be useful in its simplicity