[Zope] Zope security and packing the database

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Tue Oct 11 00:38:01 EDT 2005

I have created a script based on zope_pack from the Zope book which allows a
username and password to be specified when it is called. I wish to create a
user specifically for this purpose that only has the ability to pack the
ZODB.

I've created a custom role and a user that has this role. Then I went to
http://mydomain.com/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_access and granted
the backup role all available permissions. But the user can't login to
http://mydomain.com/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_workspace in order to
pack the database. Obviously I'm missing something very fundamental here.
Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Regards

Cameron