[Zope] Error Type: ExpatError

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Oct 12 13:59:06 EDT 2005

Alan Milligan escribió:

>Garito wrote:
>

>>Fred Drake escribió:

>>>Actually, I'd expect large files over XML-RPC to be handled by sending
>>>a URL, and have the client GET the file separately.  But then, I have
>>>weird ideas sometimes.

>>>Unless you can make the server a simple front-end to a pile-o-files on
>>>disk, I don't see any benefit.  There's no issue for the client, only
>>>the server, since they want to limit the number of machines they stick
>>>behind the load-balancer.
>>>
>>>Ok, I think we've agreed this isn't an Expat issue, but a bug in
>>>RedHat code that's unrelated to using XML in Zope.  The Expat-based
>>>minidom-builder in recent versions of Python is pretty well tested in
>>>practice.
>>>

>>> -Fred
>>>
>>>--
>>>Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at gmail.com>
>>>"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner
>>>

>>Hi all!
>>I use an XML file because I like to use freemind like editor
>>I think perhaps could be better if I could transform it to a good Zope
>>object instead of XML but I don't know how to make zope ftp server serve
>>this file like a method
>>
>>I know how to read the file (PUT_factory method) but I want freemind to
>>read a created file
>>
>>Some idea?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>

>I've no idea what freemind is, but have you installed ExternalEditor??
>With this you should be able to connect any editor you require.  It
>works by overriding the PUT method, popularised with both ftp and web-dav.
>
>Alan

Sorry for my english
I would like to create a method on my container that will be a file by FTP
With these I could transform XML to a Zope object better than XML

I will use PUT_factory to read the XML file but I don't know the write
method

Could any one put an example (if these is possible)?

If these FTP behaviour is not possible I think the better solution is
maintain the XML file. isn't it?

Thanks

PD: freemind link: http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

--