[Zope] Determining user from session object - who is logged in?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Wed Oct 12 18:26:28 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 22:58, Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Gaute Amundsen wrote:

> >> There is no built-in connection between the two.  If you want to do
> >> this, you need to use a user folder implementations that keeps
> >> credentials in the session.
> >
> > Hm.. ok.
> >
> > So what strategy would you chose?
> >
> > 1) Tweak ExuserFolder to put credentials in the session.
> >
> > 2) Use an addScript on session_data to put credentials in the session.
> >
> > 3) Use 1 or 2 to put credentials somewhere else?
> >
> > And thanks :)
>
> Probably 1, because it's possible for a session to be created without
> someone being logged in, and exUserFolder is probably really the only
> thing that knows when someone logs in and out.

Well, I know that ther might easily be "login less" sessions,
but, is it possible to log have "session less" logins?

The first case would not be a problem. I expect one could easily detect the
lack of userdata, and skip altering the session, and in that case would not
an addScript let me solve this without resort to external methods, or product
code?

Gaute