[Zope] Zope 2.8.2 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Oct 13 13:09:36 EDT 2005

Hooray, new stable releases are always a happy day :)
Thank you Andreas!

Sadly, I have to report some SNAFUs on zope.org,
so I am cc'ing the zope-web list:

On the "Download Zope" page, the latest stable version is still listed
as 2.8.1.   http://www.zope.org/Products/

Also from the main download page, the link labelled
"Our entire collection of zope releases is here"
pointing to http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/swpackage_releases
requires you to be logged in.  Anonymous can't view that page.
(And I get "insufficient privileges" when I am logged in.)

The same authorization problem occurs when clicking on the "zope"
breadcrumb from the 2.8.2 or 2.7.8 release pages, which points to
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope

Also, looking over the release notes, I see that there is one bugfix
that made it into the 2.8 branch and the trunk, thanks to Andreas -
the #1895 fix to test.py.
But the fix does not seem to have been noted in CHANGES.txt on the
2.8 branch or the trunk.  It *is* in the 2.7.8 CHANGES.txt because I
made sure to do that when I made the same fix on the 2.7 branch.
If there are no objections, I will modify CHANGES.txt on the 2.8 branch
and the trunk.

Thanks again!

-PW

--