[Zope] Zope Debugger lets WingDbg fail to connect toclient

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 07:12:11 EDT 2005

Wingware Support wrote:

> Because Wing currently doesn't read files from anywhere but the file
> system.  I have looked briefly at zdb, but have not had time to set it
> up yet.

Man, you are short of time ;-)

> Wing's debugger does not use pdb or even the linecache module,
> so zdb's technique of pre-filling the line cache isn't applicable.

That's a shame, you should be able to use something similar though...

> Since you also have a need for the co_filename attribute to be set, I
> suggest we try to come up with a monkey patch that we can both use and
> not conflict with each other.

Yep :-)

I don't have Wing, so I can't try WingDbg, but if you could stick zdb
and WingDbg in the same Zope instance and see what zdb is stomping on
that's stopping WingDbg working, then I'll see what I can do..

> I still think even better would be to get
> a change into Zope so monkey patches aren't required.

Well, zdb adds overhead, so I'd never want its stuff to be intergated...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk