[Zope] database connections from external method

Vangelis Mihalopoulos mihalop at vtrip.net
Wed Oct 19 05:22:46 EDT 2005

 Hi,

I want an external method to access a mysql database on each call. For
now, i open up a new connection on every call, but this probably won't
scale much either on performance (new connection on each call is quite
an overhead) or availability (the number of open connections is restricted).

I am thinking of using a Z Database Connection (mysql) from within an
external method, without using Z SQL Methods, but can't figure out how i
can "safely" do it... It crossed my mind to take a peek to the Z SQL
Method source, but i don't know if such an approach would be thread safe...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vangelis