[Zope] inheriting from SimpleUserFolder's User

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Wed Oct 19 09:34:23 EDT 2005

hello!

i use the SimpleUserFolder product and derive a MyUser class from it's
included User class, which in turn inherits from BasicUser.

the SimpleUserFolder's User class does neither reimplement
getRolesInContext() nor allowed(). i looked at the source of
BasicUser (lib/python/AccessControl/User.py) and found out that
allowed() does not use the information provided by getRolesInContext().
i found this comment:
        # Still have not found a match, so check local roles. We do
        # this manually rather than call getRolesInContext so that
        # we can incur only the overhead required to find a match.

so if i reimplement getRolesInContext() in MyUser, i'll probably also
have to reimplement allowed() to reflect the possibly added local roles,
right?

regards, jürgen herrmann

ps: looking at the code of allowed() i doubt that the "manual" checking
of local roles will speed this method up a lot: local roles seem to be
a seldomly used feature, the improvement in speed would only occur if
the object in question was protected by a local role (and not a normal
one). is this enough to justify duplicated code with all of it's
disadvantages)?

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Bruderwöhrdstraße 15b, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de