[Zope] Re: Hello

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:24:25 EDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Pierre Thibault <pthibault33 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Andrew Milton a écrit :
>
> >+-------[ Pierre Thibault ]----------------------
> >| Hello,
> >|
> >| Is someone reading this message?

No. :-)

> I am new to Zope. So I would like to learn. On the Zope website it is
> written to do the tutorials bundle with the Zope installation but where
> are they? After installation, I was unable to find them.
>
> I also plan to learn Plone after Zope, is it a good path?

No, I think it's better to start with Plone, and Python. Start with
the high-level usage (Plone), and dig downwards, and start with the
low-level nitty-gritty (Python) and work upwards. Starting from the
middle tends to confuse. :)
It also tends to lead you into things that are pretty much dead-ends
from a Plone standpoint, such as DTML and ZClasses.