[Zope] write file to FS (LocalFS?)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 07:03:10 EDT 2005

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:44 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
>>
>>>I am on a unix-like operating system, Zope 2.8, CMF, CPS (SVN Trunk).
>>>I would like users to be abble to write some file on the filesystem.
>>
>>Why?
>
> I manage a group of users on a Unix system.
> They also have an FTP space, and a mailbox (on the system)
> They are members of the CPS hosted on the Zope.
> They want to change their FTP/POP/IMAP password.

I would then have this modification done in a tightly controlled
external method (from a security point of view) and make sure you use
some big Locks (see python threading module's documentation) so multiple
simultaneous requests don't cause carnage...

> I need to process their request into a batch file.

Why a batch file?

> Obviuosly, ther is the LDAP common authentication for the groupware and
> the system, but the LDAP connection is a work still in progress... they
> want to change their passwords NOW. The quickest way I found is to code
> an interface (a form) in wich they ask for the password change.

I would suggest just getting LDAP working ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk