[Zope] FTP or WebDav creates empty files

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Oct 21 15:07:09 EDT 2005

D Washburn wrote at 2005-10-21 10:03 -0400:
>I have a desktop program that develops DTML pages for a ZOPE/PLONE
>website. I planned to upload them via FTP or WebDav.
>
>When they arrive they are empty.

This usually works.

Are you sure, your files do not contain bugs?
Can you upload the same file via HTTP without problems?

The so called "safety belt" may also cause problems --
the safety belt is there to protect against overwriting
a modified document. CMF had a bug that in case of a differing
safety belt, the target object was cleared.

--
Dieter