[Zope] Zope Install Best Practice - Newbie Questions

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Fri Oct 21 23:16:17 EDT 2005

Russel,
we do install our zope/plone instances in a simmilar way you did.
in addition to the steps you described we the do the following
- make Zope-2.7 and Zope-2.8 a softlink to the respective source
directory and then create the instances from
  the Zope-2.X/bin directory. the mkzope/zeoinstance scripts create
startupscripts with hardcoded paths.
  With ZopeX a softlink you can easily make updates to minor new zope
releases for all your instances
- in the zopeusers homedirectory we have a Products directory where we
have all the products installed.
  In the instances/Product folders we then link to them. Again we have
Plone-1/2/2.1 links pointing to
  the respective Releases, so we can make minor Plone updates without
hassle.

robert