[Zope] Re: Linux/unix preferences question

Gary Kahn gkahn at mac.com
Mon Oct 24 11:13:11 EDT 2005

Thanks for the info, that is some good advice.  I am currently
deciding which platform to migrate to (Linux or OpenBSD).  Apple has
let me down and I want to get off it as soon as possible.  When you
find *BSD specific bugs, how long does it take for them to be fixed?
Given that most developers are running Linux, I would expect some lag
time between a major release and when it becomes stable on other
platforms.  I would also expect the same problem with Products. Are
there certain issues that persist on *BSD or does it just take a
little longer for Zope/Plone to become stable on those platforms?  I
will take a good look at ubuntu before deciding.  I am also
considering KRUDserver.
http://www.tummy.com/Products/krudserver/