[Zope] Zope/Editor problems

Håkan Johansson ignem at raintervention.se
Tue Oct 25 11:25:40 EDT 2005

I need some sort of content editor and have looked at both Epoz and
Kupu.
My problem is that I can't get any of them to work. If I install Epoz,
Zope crashes without any error messages. With Kupu I get KeyError's
when I try to look at it in the ZMI.
I have Zope installed from packages in a Debian system. Is this the
reason?
I also have a KeyError problem with SessionCrumbler.

I am running Zope 2.7.5, Python 2.3.5. I have Plone installed too but
am not using it.

Are these editors even usable by me? The final system will be very bare
bones. No Plone or similar at all.

I found the Kupu documentation a bit cryptic too. As I am very new to
Zope, I want a simple functioning example how to edit a simple document
object. Epoz has this but I could not try it because of the crash.

I have googled around a lot, but I haven't found anything that
resembles my problems.