[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Sascha Ottolski sascha.ottolski at gallileus.de
Thu Oct 27 05:22:51 EDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005 09:37 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
> The only issues you might ever run into would be problems with the
> Python that comes with the OS. But then again if you run Zope in
> production you should never ever use the system Python and build your
> own instead. The system Python tends to be compiled with weird flags
> on RH-based distros to suit their own needs for the many Python-based
> scripts they have in the OS. Don't use it, build your own.

I'd be very curious to hear about what real life problems people have
observed. The advice is mention so often here, without any proof (at least
thats my impression). Does it run slow? Does product xy behave strange? Does
it crash?

We have some well loaded (2.8.x ZEO setup) servers up and running, using the
standard python install that comes with fedora 3 (or their official updates),
and that seems not to have any obvious disadvantages (beside the fact, that
they still offer 2.3.4 only).

Cheers,

Sascha

--
Gallileus - the power of knowledge

Gallileus GmbH                   http://www.gallileus.info/

Pintschstraße 16                  fon +49-(0)30-41 93 43 43
10249 Berlin                      fax +49-(0)30-41 93 43 45
Germany