[Zope] Silva

bruno desthuilliers bruno at modulix.org
Mon Oct 31 05:37:05 EST 2005

Piotr Konstanty wrote:
> I'm new in zope world. I would like to install Silva as a product in zope. When
> I put all core silva product to lib/python/Products cataloge unpack it an
> restart zope again every think seems to be good

How did you restart your zope instance ? If you want to make sure you
see start-time errors, you may want to use <ZOPE-INSTANCE>/bin/runzope
instead of <ZOPE-INSTANCE>/bin/zopectl start.

> but when I want to do next step
> from INSALL.txt of Silva namely on "add list" of ZMI I choose Slva root and
> want to add it to zope root folder after I feed Id and Title on the "Add Silva
> Root" page and I push "Add" button I receive "HTTP 500 - Inside Error of server
> Internet Explorer". Where is an reason of this error? Any hints?

I'd say that some required dependencies are missing.

To check this, you can either:
- have a look at <ZOPE-INSTANCE>/log/Z2.log
- stop your zope instance and restart it with runzope
- goto Control_Panel/Products in the ZMI and check if some products are
'broken' (they have a special icon)

HTH
--
bruno desthuilliers