[Zope] Zope scalabilty and problems

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Sep 1 12:51:10 EDT 2005

Your "tranaaction blocked" error messages seem to imply that either or
both of the following is true:

- some transactions are taking a "long time"
  (any more than, say, 200 milliseconds is a long time)

- you have a very high transaction volume.

That said, these messages are informational rather than signifying an
error condition.  Some transaction blockage is expected since the ZEO
server can only deal with one transaction at a time.

What version of Zope are you using?

Is this an "intranet" application?  Are there lots of users creating
content?  Can you venture a guess as to how many users are "creating"
content vs. "viewing" content at any given time?  Are the users that are
creating content logged in?  The users that are viewing content?