[Zope] Python editor in zope?

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Sat Sep 3 16:28:22 EDT 2005

Two Cents,

I use HomeSite 5.5 with my zope daily... although it's not suited
directly for python, it works great for DTML, HTML, CSS, and even the
python scripts.  One warning, Zope refuses the save through FTP of a
non-well-formed DTML file, and Zope's built in Python debugger for
Python Scripts is ignored on FTP saves from Homesite.

But the save to FTP aspect, works great with disparate files in the Zope
ZODB.

You probably could use any editor you'd like with a tool like WebDrive,
a FTP through Drive letter utility.

-Jon
cyrj at cyr.info

Sean Dunn wrote:

> I'm new to Zope, and am getting tired of using textarea's to edit my
> Python/[HD]TML code. My space-bar thumb is starting to get an
> unnatural twitch, from hitting it multiple times at the beginning of
> every line of code. J
>

> I've installed TinyMCE and Epoz, and they're both great for
> documents.. But they're both useless for writing code. Instead of
> writing my own skin for TinyMCE (and reinventing the wheel), are there
> any pure JavaScript/CSS code editors that can do search/replace, block
> indents, and (this would be amazing) Python syntax highlighting?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sean

Jonathan Cyr
cyrj at cyr.info