[Zope] Can't get ZEO running with zeoctl start

Mikko Koivunen mikko.koivunen at deltamarin.com
Thu Sep 8 06:00:51 EDT 2005

Actually should have said tutorial, because only one I used has wrong
info.

These two were my references:

- Zope book, neither the 2.6 or the 2.7 dev version, does not mention
permissions at all. This actually applies to most of the documentation
I find on zope.org or google.

- The plone.org robust installation tutorial apparenly has wrong info:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/robust-installation

The latter one is the tutorial I mainly used because it fits my scenario
perfecly.

I get the feeling people do zope installation / configuration stuff
as the zope user and thus don't have this problem. I have the habit of
working as root or my own user account, then setting permissions and
then using user accounts like zope or apache only for starting services.
Maybe I just need change my habits.

--
Mikko Koivunen