[Zope] Character set problems

Dragos Chirila d.chirila at finsiel.ro
Fri Sep 9 08:37:15 EDT 2005

Hi

Here are some things you can do to handle your problem. For me, this
approach worked just fine.

1. Your HTML pages must have set the encoding to utf-8. Put this in the
HEAD tag of your html pages:

2. For the Root folder add a property named 'management_page_charset' of
type 'string' with the value 'utf-8'. In this way the ZMI pages will be
displayed with utf-8 encoding.

3. Modify your HTML code like this:

	<input name="test:utf8:ustring" />

	If 'test' is also a property of some object, make sure it has 'ustring'
type.

After that the value will be displayed correctly in all pages.

Note: If your Zope runs over an Apache you must check also the Apache
settings (to serve pages utf-8 encoded)

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Dragos