[Zope] Same product in multiple instances automatically?

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Sep 9 16:37:30 EDT 2005

Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Friday 09 September 2005 13:56, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
>
>>I don't know why, either. That simply says that there is a default
>>Products directory ($SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products), you can't get
>>rid of it, and you shouldn't try to configure it here.
>
> The problem I'm having, though, is that those products don't seem to be
> present in instances by default, which is the opposite of what I'd expect.
> For example, I'd think that ZPsycopgDA would be available inside each
> instance since it's present in $ZOPE/Products.

Anything in $SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products is available in any
instances that use that SOFTWARE_HOME. You can see this quite easily by
looking at the /Control_Panel/Products of an instance with nothing in
its $INSTANCE_HOME/Products.

I'm not sure what you mean by $ZOPE/Products.

>>If you want your instances to use Products from some other directory,
>>name it here.
>
> Yep.  I'm wondering if I should create a $ZOPE/CommonProducts directory and
> add "products $ZOPE/CommonProducts" to every instance's zope.conf.

You can. I typically do the symlink thing, as I can just copy them from
an existing instance with a similar or identical setup.

		--jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com