[Zope] Virtual Host Monster

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Sep 12 15:34:15 EDT 2005

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 17:08 +0200 schrieb Nicholas Wieland:
> I'm trying to use VHM to rewrite a pair of urls.
> What I want is to have a "normal" Zope on localhost:8080/, and an
> instance of a Product on localhost:8080/myProduct.
> The problem I'm having is that VHM locks me out from the root
> folder :(
>
> My mappings line is:
> localhost:8080/my_container/VirtualHostRoot/myProduct
>
> How do I exclude localhost:8080 to behave normally, as without Virtual
> Host Monster ?

Use http://127.0.0.1:8080/ instead to access your zope.

Now you know why right above the mappings window
there is this line:

"If you place the hostname that you use to manage your Zope in this list
you are likely to regret it, and will probably need to manage Zope using
its raw IP address to fix things."

with "you are likely to regret it" emphasized :-)

If you want to try real world mappings, put some
names in your hosts file and use them for experiment
instead.