[Zope] how to programmatically control zope?

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Wed Sep 21 09:13:36 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote:
> Hi. This discussion has really helped me with my question about running
> asynchronous methods also since these kinds of requests could be cronned
> at the very least.  But what about triggering this kind of script from
> the running zope instance.  Is this possible?

Two solutions a priori:
- call an external method that launch a thread that do the job
- fork and launch the script as a new process with os.execXXX

You'll find documentations about threads and os.execXX in the Python's
manual. Now there can be Zope-specific gotchas, but there I can't help you.

--
Bruno Desthuilliers
Développeur
bruno at modulix.org